Friday, May 30, 2008

On Mondays and Fridays as you know I only work a few hours. I then take the long walk along the avenue to my favourite eatery. This morning I counted 21 gentlemen of the Hispanic persuasion, spread out in groups of 4 looking for a ride out to Long Island. Where they hope to find work on various construction projects. This is a phenomena that has shown itself over the last year or so.
On my way home I stopped off in a local sports store and got myself a new pair of running shoes. When I paid for them I got a $20 coupon which I duly spent on 2 new pairs of running shorts.
We are now only a couple of days away from June and finally the days are getting warmer, buy late morning the temps were already well into the 70's F. I had a very pleasant run in the afternoon

No comments: