Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Walking out the door this morning into a beautiful breezy cooler morning, almost quiet and peaceful. Only to have the quiet broken by the sound of a Police helicopter flying suddenly near by. After walking a few blocks I crested a hill and came around a corner, to see several police vehicles and several police. Standing with some people in front of a house. Everything seemed quite calm,but the people looked a little disturbed. I continued on, not finding out what had happened. This was a reminder that I live in New York City.
With a temperature in the mid 80's F and 33% humidity I had a pleasant run this afternoon. It happened to be the 50th straight day I have run. My streak is starting to become something.

Oh by the way the photo is of a deer in Italy that was born with one central horn, kind of like a Unicorn. It apparently is quite rare for a deer to be born with one horn and usually they are to one side or the other, amazing !

No comments: