Sunday, February 24, 2008

I finally got to see the Hippy Nuts perform last night. It wasn't the whole band just Kathena and Tim, but they were great. They played at a place called Banjo Jim's on 9th St and Avenue C. It was actually to celebrate Harvey's birthday, a friend of there's.
Utpal had a medical procedure yesterday and didn't feel well enough to go for a long run this morning, so I was on my own. You can see from the photo that there was quite a lot of snow out there, but sunny.
I ran 12+ miles, making our usual stop at 7 eleven, but for only 1 hot chocolate this morning, I did discover that they have mini marshmallows though.
On the way back I remembered some thing Utpal said 2 weeks ago, that we don't see any Birch trees in Queens, I said there are some. So he challenged me to find 2 on the way home, I did in fact find 3, all on the same street.
Well with just 4 days to go I am actually getting excited about my up coming trip.

No comments: